Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thoughts on reading

This is a short text I wrote yesterday. It's the monthly writing assignment in my writers' group. (Click here to see our homepage - all in Norwegian I'm afraid.) It seemed very appropriate for this blog, so I've translated it into English and ... here it is. :-)

Do you read books?
Some people don't read books.
There's often no reason why they don't.
No particular reason.
It's just not something they do.
I read books.
Have you ever read a book, and not been able to tear yourself away from that book, and become so engrossed in that book that you don't notice where the train is going, so that you ride it too far and you have to get off at a station that you weren't actually going to?
Have you done that?
No?
Then you've really missed something.

No comments: