Saturday, January 24, 2009

Authors A-Z challenge

The Authors A-Z Challenge is a reading challenge that has been going on for years among BookCrossers (and I'm sure elsewhere too :-) in which the goal is to read, over the course of the year, one book each by one author with a surname that matches one letter in the alphabet. (Obviously you can read as many books as you want in addition. ;-) Some who do this also add the qualification that the authors must all be new to them, but IMO that makes it way too difficult. At least if you're going to try to do it every year. So I don't use that rule. I go with first letter of author's surname. I've been doing this challenge as one of my personal reading challenges for two years - this will be the third year. I failed in 2007, missed three letters (Q, U and X). But in 2008 I aced it, managed to do all 26 letters. :-D So far this year I've crossed seven letters off my list, let's see ... B, C, H, K, M, P and W. I'm working on three more, V, E and D. So I'll have this done in no time. >:-)

Here's a thread on the BookCrossing forums on this challenge.

No comments: